do you have what it takes?Posted: December 31, 2012
What appears below is a job ad. It’s formulaic and bland as many recruitment ads are. Feel free to read through it. The clutter-free version of this would read as follows:
“Entrepreneurial-minded finance professional needed. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Whiners and those who feel entitled need not apply. The work is hard and the hours are long but if you get what we’re doing it will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life (and we’re not talking money, though that’s part of the package).
So? Do you have what it takes?
The Mercado General Hospital, Inc (MGHI) operating under the trade name Daniel Mercado Medical Center (DMMC), is one of the up and coming medical groups in the Philippines. MGHI owns and operates the University Physicians Medical Center (UPMC) through its subsidiary, Mercado Ambulatory Surgical Center (MASCI) as a joint undertaking with the University of the Philippines.
On November 11, 2011, MGHI entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with a group of doctors in Iloilo City under the banner of Panay Medical Ventures, Inc. (PMVI) to establish a specialty hospital in Iloilo City under the name UPMC-Iloilo. MGHI has also entered into a management contract with Southwestern University (SWU) to operate the Sacred Heart Hospital (SHH) in Cebu.
The DMMC Institute of Health Sciences (DMMC-IHS) is a tertiary-level institution offering degrees in allied healthcare professions. It was set up and its purpose remains to provide MGHI and its healthcare institutions with a steady supply of medical professionals.
With 55 years of experience in healthcare delivery management, MGHI continues to look for opportunities to bring its expertise in finding ways to reduce the cost of healthcare in the Philippines. MGHI prides itself as a doctor-driven and professionally managed company. These qualities are the qualities by which MGHI stands for in its quest to make quality healthcare accessible to more and more Filipinos.
National Capital Reg
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Corporate Accountant for MGHI shall provide strategic direction and oversee Strategic Business Units (SBUs) in the following Key Performance Areas:
POLICY MAKING. Creates and manages the implementation of Accounting policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues towards efficiency and accuracy of processes.
PREPARATION AND CONSOLIDATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS – Oversees all accounting functions; Ensures accurate and timely production of all financial information including consolidated financial statements; Determines the percentage of contribution to the revenue stream and percentage of liability taken on by each SBU; Conductsproper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
PREPARATION AND REPORTING OF FINANCIAL CONDITION – Reviews monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained; Prepares monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions; Conduct advanced analysis of the accounts and company standing using Financial ratios, pro formas and forward looking analysis to determine if the company has enough resources to meet its requirements moving forward and makes appropriate recommendations.
ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS – Monitorsfull and timely compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations imposed by government entities.
CORPORATE FINANCE INITIATIVES – Provides support in corporate efforts on Due Diligence, Financial Modeling, Financial Projections.
OTHERS – Supervises inter-subsidiary billing of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition, and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements ; Prepares for its corporate-wide annual audit, taking charge of the preparatory process and overseeing the audit engagement; Overseas corporate-wide budget and disseminates necessary information down to the subsidiaries.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Post Graduate Diploma / Master’s Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Post Graduate Diploma / Master’s Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably CEO/SVP/AVP/VP/Directors specializing in Finance – Corporate Finance/Investment/Merchant Banking or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector at key leadership role
- 4+ years experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process.
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities preferably in the healthcare industry
- Must be a CPA. Post graduate degree in business an advantage.
- Required skill(s): Policy Making, Preparation and Consolidation of Financial Statements, Preparation and Reporting of Financial Condition, Ensuring Compliance with Regulatory Requirements, Corporate Finance Initiatives.
- Required language(s): English
- Full time position available.
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Very good financial reporting technical skills
- Exceptional work ethic